Ingredients, Nutrition, and Special Diets
ALL of our Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegars are:
- all natural
- free of white sugar or artificial sweeteners
- free of dyes
- free of artificial flavourings
- free of thickeners
- free of preservatives
Because our Balsamic Vinegars are Traditional Style Balsamic Condimento of Modena PGI, it means they are made from grapes, water, and a small amount of red wine vinegar. They have a natural sugar content from fruit (grapes), but no white sugar, artificial, or extra sweeteners are ever added.
This makes our products perfect for nearly all special dietary concerns, exclusion diets, healthy diet programs, and more.
Paleo? Ketogenic? No problem! Our oils and vinegars are a great choice for your healthy diet!
Our ingredients are so simple, they are often reflected right in the label. For example:
- Lemon Olive Oil includes a mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pure lemon extract
- Chipotle Olive Oil is chipotle peppers steeped in EVOO, and then sieved out
- Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic is lemon juice that has been concentrated through cooking to a reduction, which is then combined with the White Balsamic Vinegar
- Italian Herbs Balsamic is a blend of Italian herbs that have been mashed and then steeped in the Balsamic Vinegar, resulting in an infused vinegar
- Passionfruit White Balsamic is actually a Whole Fruit Balsamic Vinegar, using actual passionfruit puree
- Torino Chocolate Balsamic is made with real chocolate for incredible depth of flavour
- Espresso Balsamic is made with authentic espresso beans, roasted and ground into extremely fine powder, and the result is that one serving has enough caffeine as a small cup of decaf coffee. Neat, huh?
- and so on
Our only misleading label is our Butter Olive Oil, which actually has no butter in it. It is vegan-friendly and dairy-free, making it a perfect choice for those with lactose-free needs. It is made with a patented plant that actually makes the EVOO taste very much like melted, unsalted butter. We invite you to stop in and try it!
Any of our products that are flavoured with extracts mean they are using the natural oils extracted from the ingredient through expression or maceration, not through chemical processes. No extracts using chemical processes have been utilized in our products.
The main ingredient in our oils and vinegars is either oil or vinegar. In fact, the reason why our bottles do not have an ingredients label is that they are considered a one-ingredient product. This means there is not enough of the flavouring ingredient present in the product for it to actually count as an ingredient--however, there is nothing subtle our flavours! It's amazing how even with a SMALL amount of quality flavouring, you achieve BIG flavour!
Regarding nut or soy allergies, while a very small amount of our oils and vinegars are made in the same manufacturing facility as tree nuts, sesame, and soy, they are made in a separate part of the building, using different production lines. Our supplier has a history of zero cross-contamination or allergy concerns. But we encourage our customers with allergies to always exercise caution with our products, and especially in our store where the nut oils are available for tasting.
Nutritional Info Sheet PDF coming soon!