Ingredients, Nutrition, and Special Diets
ALL of our Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegars are:
- all natural
- free of white sugar or artificial sweeteners
- free of dyes
- free of artificial flavourings
- free of thickeners
- free of preservatives
Because our Balsamic Vinegars are Traditional Style Balsamic Condimento of Modena PGI, it means they are made from grapes, water, and a small amount of red wine vinegar. They have a natural sugar content from fruit (grapes), but no white sugar, artificial sweeteners, or extra sweeteners of any kind are ever added.
This makes our products perfect for nearly all special dietary concerns, exclusion diets, healthy diet programs, and more.
Paleo? Ketogenic? No problem! Our oils and vinegars are a great choice for your healthy diet!
Our ingredients are so simple, they are often reflected right in the label. For example:
- Lemon Olive Oil includes Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pure lemon essence
- Chipotle Olive Oil uses natural smoke-dried chipotle pepper extract added to our Super Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to create a deep, rich flavour explosion
- Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic is made with real lemon extract, which is then combined with the White Balsamic Vinegar
- Italian Herbs Balsamic is a blend of naturally-flavoured extracts of the herbs listed in the product description
- Mango White Balsamic is actually a Whole Fruit Balsamic Vinegar, using actual mango fruit puree
- Chocolate Balsamic is made with real Torino chocolate cocoa powder for incredible depth of flavour
- Espresso Balsamic is made with authentic espresso beans, roasted and ground into extremely fine powder, and the result is that one serving has enough caffeine as a small cup of decaf coffee. Neat, huh?
- and so on
Our only misleading label is our Butter Olive Oil, which actually has no butter in it. It is vegan-friendly and dairy-free, making it a perfect choice for those with lactose-free needs. It is made with a patented plant that actually makes the EVOO taste very much like melted, unsalted butter. We invite you to stop in and try it!
Any of our products that are flavoured with extracts mean they are using the natural oils extracted from the ingredient through expression or maceration, not through chemical processes. No extracts using chemical processes have been utilized in our products.
The main ingredient in our oils and vinegars is either oil or vinegar. In fact, the reason why our bottles do not have an ingredients label is that they are considered a one-ingredient product. This means there is not enough of the flavouring ingredient present in the product for it to actually count as an ingredient--however, there is nothing subtle our flavours! It's amazing how even with a SMALL amount of quality flavouring, you achieve BIG flavour!
Regarding nut or soy allergies: All seed and nut oils are produced in a completely separate facility so there is no cross-contamination with our other oils. Our supplier has a history of zero cross-contamination or allergy concerns. We encourage our customers with allergies to always exercise caution with our products, and especially in our store where the nut oils are available for tasting.
Ingredients, Nutritional Information and .pdf
All nutritional labels are provided for each product profile on our website, so click around to view any specific ones you are wondering about.
Butter to Olive Oil
YES, You can! Switching from butter or margarine to heart healthy Extra Virgin Olive Oil is easy. You use less, and it’s better for you. Check out the chart below to see some simple conversions to use when cooking or baking!
Butter = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp = ¾ tsp
1 tbsp = 2 ¼ tsp
¼ cup = 3 tbsp
1/3 cup = ¼ cup
½ cup = ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
2/3 cup = ½ cup
¾ cup = ½ cup + 1 tbsp
1 cup = ¾ cup